Recently I’ve felt my mind is scattered — too much to do and absolutely no focus on anything! So this post will be an attempt at focusing in preparation for the beginning of 2013. 2012 has been a year of goal crushing, but with the year coming to a close (much faster than I had expected), I’m finding myself spinning trying to wrap up loose ends, and getting nowhere fast.
With the holiday season upon us, my teaching schedule is winding down, leaving me with more time in the week to work on my goal “homework”. Ok, I put that in quotes, but really, it’s real homework.
There are two key things left on my 2012 goal list:
- Start dating someone with the potential to become my husband (it’s been an intention, but I haven’t made any steps to actually meet anyone)
- Complete my Personal Training certification (this is where Monkey Mind is coming into play)
Also, I will be in Aruba January 19 to complete my Yoga Teacher Training and have A LOT of homework to do BEFORE I leave!
So…the plan…as always, dating is being pushed to the back-burner (much to my family’s dismay).
Here is my commitment: I spend a minimum of 1 hour per night AND 2 hours per weekend day on work related to attaining my Yoga and/or Personal Training certification until December 31, 2012.
This can include:
- Observing a yoga class
- Teaching a yoga class
- Watching an online lecture
- Taking notes on human anatomy and systems
- Reading a book related to either of these goals (I have to do a book report as part of my YTT)
- Creating personal training programs
- Doing a Home Practice
Outcome: by committing to the above, I will be confident in my abilities to write and pass both my Personal Training and Yoga tests in January 2013.
This is my pre New Years Resolution.
What do you want to get accomplished before 2013 begins? Maybe we can encourage each other to finish 2012 even stronger than we started it!